Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Proud-Daddy Day

I had a fascinating night with Alexander last night... I had gone to the store and bought these books:




And I'll be returning them shortly, Alexander was able to answer every single question in both books that I asked him.. I have a few at the end of the Gifted book I want to make sure I get to, but he has them down cold. What does it mean when your child is beyond gifted?

Seriously, he did a good job and I'm proud of him.



I then read him a chapter in this book... but first, he spent almost 10 minutes describing to me in graphic detail what had happened previously in the book. I sat there quietly being a very good listener and absorbed every word he said, but I just kept wondering how he remembered all the details of the story. Again, I was very impressed.

But the moment of the day came earlier when I picked Alexander up from Tae Kwon Do class. We were walking down the hallway and out of NO WHERE he just said, "Daddy, instead of playing video games tonight, can we go extra math?" A woman that heard just laughed and you could tell she was impressed, and milk damn-near shot out of my nose in surprise (and I wasn't even drinking milk ;-)

So definitely a proud-Daddy-day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...