Monday, October 4, 2010

Alex's Dream Home

Alex's school has their annual book fair going on right now, and on Friday, we joined him for lunch so we could go shopping. There was a huge display for the 'Wimpy Kid' books. We pre-ordered Wimpy Kid #5, which is released next month. But Alex also found another Wimpy Kid book he didn't own... the Do-It-Yourself Book.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book

I wasn't so keen on purchasing this book, but I also thought the idea of Alex keeping a journal was pretty cool. And if it encourages his love of reading... call me a sucker.

The book is about half blank pages, half fill-in-the blanks.

My favorites of what he has done so far:

Drawn Dad, Ryan, Granny (spelled Grane) and myself:


I love the fact that Carl, Mom and I all have glasses. And that he has drawn the smallest person here, Ryan, as the largest.

He also drew his own Zoo-Wee-Mama comic strip. In case you are unfamiliar with Wimpy Kid lore, the Zoo-Wee-Mama comics feature prominently. They ordinarily look like this:



And here is Alex's:



And finally, the piece de resistance, Alex drew his very own dream home.



Zooming in on the architectural plans, his future home will be free.




And it will include a bowling alley, a 50 foot long bed (wonder what he plans on doing there??) as well as a 100 foot massage table. I asked him why the massage table, and he said it was for me. That's my boy!



He's also planning to add a movie theater, a race track, four dining tables, a hot tub, an arcade, a pool (and his WILL have a diving board, I was told). The final square, off to the right, was the last addition. Its his "War Room." Nope, its not a room to plan his mother's presidential run. Its a room for army tanks and where he can play with all his war weapons. Now THAT would be Carl's boy.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...