Thursday, May 26, 2011

Evening of Expression

As we gear up for the last day of pre-K for Ryan tomorrow, and the last day of first grade for Alex, I realized I am wayyy behind in my blogging. May has been a CRAZY month! Last week, we had an "Evening of Expression" at Spicewood for the First Grade.

Alex and the rest of the First Grade danced and sang, and expressed themselves (sadly, no one did the Madonna song. I kept waiting.)

First, their Spanish and music teachers had combined forces, and taught them all some songs in Spanish. It was cute, but since I studied the always-useful-in-Texas French, I have no idea what it was about.


Then each class performed. Alex's performed a song based on Shel Silverstein's 'The Boa Constrictor.' They did a great job! We were so proud of all of them, especially because I know how nervous they were.




This night was also a chance to take a look at Alex's prized Spicewwod PYP binder.


The one I get to see ONCE a year, which comprises his best work from the year, and which I don't get to take home UNTIL May 2015.


 Yes, its been a year since I learned that this binder stays with him at school for six years, and no, I'm not dealing with it any better than I was last May.


Thus the contraband photos, round two.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...