Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pack 149, Den 7

Den 7, Pack 149 of the Tiger Cub Scouts was called to order on Monday, August 30, 2010.


It was the first official meeting for the newly formed Den 7, although we've already participated in three activities over the summer.


The boys were given their Cub Scout Handbooks, and they actually had to sign for their books. I think this might be the first time Alex has ever signed for anything!


 
Den Leader Danger Daddy did a great job. 


 He taught the boys the Cub Scout Promise:


I, ___________, promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack.

They talked about what this promise meant, and what the words of the promise meant. They learned about Wolf Ears, and how Cub Scouts hold their hands when saying the Pledge of Allegiance. We had to bring the flag inside the house so that we would be able to properly say the Pledge, but apparently, Scouts can use the patch on their shirts if all else fails.

The fun activity for this meeting was to make their own Tigers out of paper plates.


No one wanted to leave when it was over, so I think it was a big success. 

Next up: popcorn sales. Let me know how many boxes you want. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...