Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am Thankful

Monday and Tuesday were special days for Alex and the other 1st graders. They participated in something they called a "kiva," which was a series of Thanksgiving themed stations in all the classrooms.

In one room, they made a headdress with brown paper bags and feathers. In another, they made art to symbolize the Pilgrims voyage from England to America. And in another, he made this adorable little booklet, "I am Thankful."






There are so many wonderful things to be thankful for, each and every day. Really, what an amazing holiday Thanksgiving is, to actually get together with friends and family each and every year, and spend one day just being thankful for the gifts God has given us. Fairly amazing for today's "me, me, me" society, really. So here's to being thankful for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...