Saturday, August 16, 2014

squeezing in some time with my nieces

I was thrilled to be able to get to spend a few days with my brother and his family when I first flew into San Francisco before heading north to get my men.


This was extra-special because while Beau and Robyn went off to work, I got the girls all to myself! While I love the times we get all the kids together and let them do cousin stuff together, I also really appreciate the times its just me with them, because I can really focus on them and how unique and incredible these little angels are.

And .. it gives me a chance to do girly things, like go for mani-pedis.

We also went shopping for some new dolls. Audrey picked out this Barbie doll who walks her dog. The dog poops and Barbie the scoops it up. And then the dog poops again, and Barbie scoops it up. And again, and again, and again... Good times. And how cute is Audrey dressing in colors just like her new Barbie?


Laurel picked out this ballerina doll, Sydney (seen on the right, hanging with her new BFF from Laurel's collection). We spent an awfully long time selecting exactly what we wanted, but I had a blast.  Doll shopping is quite different than nerf gun and lego shopping!


I also had a lot of fun before I arrived in California making pillowcases for the girls. It gave me a chance to select some of the more feminine fabric I've been eyeing enviously. I wish I had taken better pictures of the finished products, but Laurel's room is pink and white with some robin's egg blue pieces, so I went with these fabrics.


And Audrey's is red and white and yellow, so I picked this adorable 'farm fresh' fabric for her. I loved it! I bought all there was and it was just a bit less than I needed, but as I explained to her and Robyn, it works fine with fluffy feather pillows.


And it wasn't just time with the girls... Beau and Robyn were there, too. :)


Love these little cuties! I wish they lived closer, but I am always glad for an excuse to visit California.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...