Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Muddy Times at the Wildflower Center


Earlier this summer we headed out to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. Its a bit of an Austin institution, but because its 1) located way south on the other end of Austin from where we live and 2) I have BOYS, we don't visit much. As in, I'm not sure Ryan has ever been out there. I have pictures of Alex as a toddler there, but that might have been the last time we visited.


So when I saw that they were hosting all sorts of mud-related activities in honor of International Mud Day, that seemed like a good reason to remedy my gaps in the boys' education of their home town.


They LOVED the mud.


Loved, loved, loved it.






The rest of the garden was a bit hit or miss for them. The newly added Luci and Ian Family Garden is a nice addition, and it was the kind of place that would be perfect for younger kids. Mine were a bit old for it. Girls their age might like it a lot, but mine were looking for more activities like we found last fall at the Dallas Arboretum's Adventure Garden. I wish they would have built this about eight years ago.




Its a beautiful place, and I'm glad we went out. But return trips will probably be solo with my mom, and we'll leave the kids at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...