Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day


This year for Mother's Day, Carl once again somehow had a conference out of town. Last year he went to New Orleans. This year, Las Vegas. For a week each time. Me? I get, various spots around Texas for a whopping two nights. Bitter, moi?


Mom came to Austin, and we headed to the Hyatt Regency for Brunch. Ryan is still in his "stupid photos only" phase. Swell.

Somehow I ended up without any pictures of the buffet, but it had seven different stations, including a Bloody Mary station. Both boys ended up eating almost exclusively breakfast food.

Ryan did smile, but only when he had his napkin wrapped around his neck like a cowboy. Also Just Swell.


The food was delicious, and some of the best prime rib I've had in a while.


I did get one photo of my desserts, at least. Red velvet cupcakes, a key line part, a fruit tart, and Crepes Suzette, made at the crepe station. Or as Ryan had reported back to me after scoping out the dessert tables, "dessert eggs."


I'm wearing my new earrings and necklace the boys made me. Ryan received a rock polisher for his birthday, and apparently he has been busy polishing rocks ever since. So they made them into jewelry for me.

After eating, we took the elevator up to the top floor to look at the skyline.


Of a dozen pictures, this was the only one of Ryan not making a goofy face. Swell. Swell. Swell.


 My other gift was made by Ryan at school. Its a very sweet little poem with his fingerprints in the heart.

 This might be the longest poem/card handwritten by Ryan I've ever received. He's growing up too fast!


Oh yes... one more picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...