Friday, May 11, 2012

Not a Superhero after all

This was one of those super-crazy weeks when everything all happens at once.

I have a huge brief due on May 14 at work, so of course I needed to work late several nights. Carl is getting ready to go to New Orleans for a conference tomorrow, and then he's only home for about 12 hours before we leave for England. And I'm at a conference for work next week as well, although mine is just in Austin. But in essence, we'll both be out of the office for 2.5 weeks, so thats a lot of work to get out of the way before leaving. And there is lots of trip planning, and getting the house ready for being gone and having my mom and then Carl's dad come stay with the kids while we are gone. And the boys and I are going to Houston for Mother's Day weekend.


And of course it was a crazy week kids-wise as well. Its Teacher Appreciation Week, and since I'm crazy enough to be a homeroom parent, thats extra work I have to do. Every day, the kids have to take something in for their teachers. And most days, its not just an apple. So we had to bake, and get flowers, and the kids had to make artwork and write thank you notes, and I had wanted to make this vase I saw on pinterest, and it did come out cute, but oh, was this not the week to have to do it.

 
On Tuesday, Ryan gave a little performance in his class. He wrote the story, made his own background and puppets, and did everything all on his own. Its called The Robot, the Octopus and the Big, Bad Shark. We practiced a lot for this.


We also woke up to find some of our fence had blown down. Because, you know, when it rains, it pours.



And on Wednesday, Ryan was given an award for being an Inquirer at Principal's Pride this week, his very first at Spicewood. It was around this time I was feeling like Wonder Mom, juggling and balancing all my balls in the air perfectly.


Thursday, they had Gallery Night at school. I was supposed to be selling our school t-shirts, but had to cancel because ... it was about this time that the rotten feeling I've been fighting for two weeks came to a head and I finally dragged my butt to the doctor, only to find I have strep throat. And all my balls came crashing down.

Which just goes to show you that at some point, it is possible to do too much, and your body shuts down on you. So much for my Wonder Woman status.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...