Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lonely Luggage

I went to an estate sale recently. I always find these so sad and depressing - there's nothing as awful as seeing someone's spice jars being sold for a quarter each.

And then I found these beauties hiding in one closet. A set of brand new, shiny red luggage.

The tags were still on them.
 


And that's when I really got depressed. Their owner bought these suitcases recently. And someone doesn't just buy suitcases, unless they are going somewhere. Now all I can think about is what trip she didn't get to take. What stamps are missing from her passport. What experiences she missed having.

Its even sadder than the sight of Andy's toys all boxed up for the attic as he goes off to college.

Poor suitcases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...