Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter on the Frio

 We spent a wonderful Easter weekend with my family down in Concan.


The boys love the Frio River - it reminds me of the Boerne and New Braunfels from when I was growing up.


We went tubing for the first time with the boys - turns out it was one of the longest stretches of the Frio, and we spent over four hours!



Mom was about to call the Sheriff for a search and rescue mission when we finally floated to our pickup point.


It was just beautiful there - not too hot - and truly, perfect springtime in Texas weather.














The Easter Bunny made a stop, as well. Alex did a slightly better job than last year in hiding his disbelief that the Bunny hid the eggs. Possibly because I dropped all pretense that it was the Bunny, and claimed to be working in cahoots with Mr. Floppy.



Since we were out in the country, I didn't put up much of a fuss when they wouldn't put on their nicer shirts for Easter. I suppose its the Bunny's fault for putting the much-desired Angry Birds t-shirts in their baskets.

We had a great time going for rides on Bobby's trolley.



And since this is my only blog entry about Easter, here are a few shots of my decorations back at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...