Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Penguins. Minecraft. Legos. Hobbits.

I'll never stay current with this blog if I don't speed through the holidays. So here are some of the highlights.

Alex and Ryan's Homemade Ornaments, 2012 - similar to last year's Fingerprint Snowman Ornaments, we made fingerprint Penguin Ornaments this year. I love how they came out! Each boy made their own, so all family members received one green and one red ornament.

 Basketball season started. Go Jaguars and Lakers!

Opening weekend of the Hobbit. Viewed first with Team Danger.

 

Then again with good friends so we can ogle Richard Armitage together.

Driving through Round Rock's Trail of Lights.

Alex asked Santa for just one thing. A penguin. 

Whereas Ryan had a looooong list and needed to make sure he remembered everything.

Austin Duck Adventures tour of Austin.

Its a bus that converts into a boat and takes you out on Lake Austin.


Hayride through the Neighborhood with friends to look at Christmas lights.

We even met up with Santa!

Shepherds at the Christmas Eve service. Its my favorite service of the year, and I make a fool of myself crying every year. While Dad's favorite time was the candlelight midnight service, he also had a special place in his heart for the family service. And I know he is with me watching the boys.

Opening one gift each the night before Christmas, after we get home from church.

Cookies and notes for Santa.

My tree, all decorated. The house is dark and quiet while I wait for Santa to arrive around midnight, and things are nice and clean. That won't last long in the morning.

And since I hadn't previously posted, my Santa tree and the snow village. Room decorated by Mom.


Look what Santa brought!

The Degu Hamsters. God help me.



Minecraft legos for Alex, and mining legos for Ryan.


Pleased with my ability to "wrap" Minecraft for Alex for Christmas - the legos, the "gift card" that purchases the game only available for download, a minecraft t-shirt, and a minecraft creeper scarf. God help us, but we gave him an online account on a server run by a friend that is only for third graders at our school. We were one of the last holdouts and frankly I gave in because I was really, really tired of hearing him ask 4,235 times a week when we would let him get an account.

Ryan loves his very own chess set. He's a full first grader now. :)

Alex loves his Bilbo sword, that glows blue when orcs are near. He especially loves pretending that I am an orc. (how did I get his hobbit love so right, yet his viewing me as an orc so wrong??)

My favorite Christmas present, made by Carl and the boys.


 Carl also made a single post for Alex. :)

My favorite Christmas present I gave Carl, and yes, I totally once again just gave Carl a gift for myself. A hill country winery tour in a chauffeured 1964 Rolls Royce. I can't wait!


Opening Presents with the extended family.


Chris helped us sew on all the boys Scout patches on these new blankets we got them for Christmas. They came out fantastic!

 Requisite Family Photo.

  Trying to get pictures of all four boys with Grandma and Papa. Never easy.

Swanson Family Christmas dinner.

English crackers are always a must.

It just wouldn't feel like Christmas without a crown.


Houston Family Christmas with Bebe, Mom, and Cheryl.

First time Ice Skating, with Mom.

Alex was a pro from the start!



Ryan used the walker for a bit, but then decided he was done, and off he went.

Trying to put on a festive New Years, despite our loved ones' health problems.




Here's hoping that 2013 turns around for us and the fact that we are in the year of 13 won't turn me into a Triskaidekaphobiaist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...