Thursday, September 11, 2014

Columbia River Gorge


The Columbia River Gorge, and its seventy-plus waterfalls, was high on list of places to visit.  its centerpiece waterfall, Multnomah Falls is one of the world's most famous, and at 620 feet total, its the tallest in the state of Oregon, and the second-tallest year-round waterfall in the United States.


It was also seen in one of my favorite movies, that was supposedly set in Washington, but was actually filmed primarily in Oregon (but shhhh.. don't tell Carl that's why I had to see it).


I was all set to enjoy seeing waterfall after waterfall on our drive this day, but, alas, the rain had different plans for me. I hopped out at Latourell Falls, but the rest of the family stayed in the car.


We did all get out for the big one, Multonomah Falls, but I'm pretty sure the only reason they humored me was 1) Ryan saw a gift shop, 2) Alex had to go to the bathroom, and 3) I promised this would be the only waterfall.


This picture cracks me up because we all look so wet and miserable.


I loved seeing Multnomah Falls, rain and all. After all, its the cold, dark, wet spots where I'm most likely to encounter a certain vampire.


Bucket list accomplished!

More about this Trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...