Monday, April 14, 2014

Everything is Awesome ... at the Legoland Hotel


A few years ago, I became aware of the existence of a Lego-themed hotel at the original Legoland in Denmark. I tried planning a trip there, but then I added in Sweden (totally for my husband of Swedish heritage), and then Norway, where I've been dying to go for years, and then Finland and Lapland and St. Petersburg, Russia. And then I was well into the five-digit vacation price range, and I had to pull back.

So when I heard that San Diego was getting the first US Legoland hotel, WELL... you can imagine my excitement. Carl and I first decided on this trip for spring break back in September. I booked our room the next day, well before plane tickets and other travel arrangements were made, because I did not want to miss out on my choice of rooms.

We splurged on the Legoland Hotel. Big-time splurged, on the premium-themed family suite. But how could I not?! I mean, LOOK at how awesome every single detail is. Starting from the reception desk when you check in.


There are three floors -kingdom-themed; adventure-themed; and pirate-themed. I opted for the kingodm-themed, because the rooms seemed the most "Lego" to me. And we loved it! The boys were thrilled - this was a total surprise for them. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but let me just say that this hotel is worth every penny. I wouldn't recommend staying long here - my one night was more than sufficient. But for the Lego lovers in your family, there is no better place on the planet to sleep and play. I think this hotel was even more of a hit than Legoland itself.























































Fortunately, all the Lego models in our room were kragled (yes, I checked). While we are opposed to the kragling of legos as a rule, when I see a sign warning me of tens of thousands of fines for lego damage in our room, I then approve of the kragle, whole-heartedly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...