Friday, July 23, 2010

Splash Camp

This week, Alex is attending Splash Camp.



Its at the Quarries, which is an amazing piece of property owned by Hyde Park Baptist Church. I wasn't so sure about having him attend a Baptist-run camp, but I'd heard good things about it from some other moms. And most importantly, his friend Carson was also attending.




They've played water balloon games and races, had a giant slide, a slip and slide, kickball with slip and slides, dunk tanks where they can dunk the counselors, dunk tanks where they can get dunked, and dunk tanks where they can dunk their friends, canoeing, fishing, swimming every day, and today, something I've never heard of before, sup boards. I googled it, and from what I can tell, they are Stand Up Paddle Boards. Looks pretty cool. I found a youtube video, but somehow, I doubt what Alex and Carson do will look much like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi-xncYFMrM

Alex is having a blast. When I asked him which camp he is liking best so far (in hopes of planning future summers more successfully), it was between Splash Camp and BB Gun Camp. "Its hard to say," he responded thoughtfully. "I need the whole week to decide. But if I had to pick now, I'd have to go with Splash Camp."


The place is absolutely breathtaking. Its a beautiful limestone, open building right alongside one of the Quarry Lakes in Northwest Austin, and is so hidden I got lost several times trying to find it Monday morning. The Hyde Park Baptist High School is located on the property as well. Carl and I were joking that the place is so beautiful, we're almost tempted to convert. But not quite. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...